What is Gold Vermeil? And why is it becoming so popular?
That’s why we use Gold Vermeil- it gives you quality jewellery, crafted from precious metals, that will last. Gold Vermeil jewellery is hypoallergenic (no brass or nickel anywhere here thankyou!) and gives you stunning gold jewellery at a much lower cost than solid gold.Whilst Gold Vermeil is making a big comeback in the Jewellery world, the process of Gold Vermeil has been around for generations, being made popular in France in the 18th century. People no longer want cheap gold plated jewellery which turn fingers green or the thin gold plating rubbing off within a couple of wears. You want better – and we want to give you better too!
So here’s a few reasons why we love Gold Vermeil at Taylor Rose Jewellery:
- Gold Vermeil is genuine 925 Sterling Silver that has been expertly plated with a thick layer of 18ct Gold. This makes it very high quality in comparison to gold plated or gold filled because it doesn't contain any cheap base metals such as brass and nickel
- Gold Vermeil is regulated and therefore must meet certain requirements to be classed as Gold Vermeil. The base metal must be 925 Sterling Silver with a minimum plating requirement of 2.5microns of gold. This means when you buy Gold Vermeil you know exactly what you’re getting
- It’s a great option for price conscious customers who want quality, precious jewellery without the price tag of solid gold
- Gold Vermeil is perfect for wearers with allergies given then thickness of the Gold and precious base metal of 925 Sterling Silver. If you react to certain jewellery it’s most likely an intolerance to nickel. Both 925 Sterling Silver and 18ct Gold do not contain nickel so are a safe bet when choosing hypoallergenic jewellery
- By using the highest quality metals and manufacturing process, Gold Vermeil jewellery is far more durable than flash gold plated jewellery and regular gold plated. If cared for properly Gold Vermeil jewellery can last years and years. See our care guide which will keep your jewellery shining for years to come.
Is Gold Vermeil right for me?
Now Gold Vermeil isn’t for everyone and although I would absolutely love for you to buy all your jewellery from Taylor Rose, there are some limitations to Gold Vermeil jewellery. Whilst the gold layer is thick, Gold Vermeil is still gold plated and will wear over time (although you can always get your jewellery replated). If you love to wear your jewellery 24/7, shower, hot tub etc. I would always recommend you save up and buy solid gold jewellery. It will save you money in the long run and will fit your needs better.
So if you’re fed up of spending your hard earned money on gold plated jewellery that doesn’t last and want high quality jewellery, using only Sterling Silver and 18ct Gold (some jewellers do use lower quality gold so do check the carat when buying Gold Vermeil), Gold Vermeil is the perfect alternative for you!
Shop our handmade jewellery
Head over to our shop and check out our stunning hand-crafted Gold Vermeil pieces today! If you have any other questions about Gold Vermeil jewellery or anything about our jewellery pieces don’t hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org